Bundle Sony FX3 & Atomos Ninja V
Key Features Sony FX3
- 12.1MP Full-Frame CMOS Exmor R Sensor
- UHD 4K up to 120 | 1080p up to 240
- Compact Form for Cage-Free Operation
- 10-Bit 4:2:2 XAVC S-I,16-Bit Raw Output
- S-Cinetone/S-Log3/HLG, 15+ Stops DR
- Detachable 2 x XLR/TRS Adapter Handle
- Phase Detection AF/Face Tracking/Eye AF
- 80 to 409,600 Expanded ISO Range
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SDXC Card Slots
Key Features Atomos Ninja V
- 1920 x 1080 Touchscreen Display
- 10-Bit Exterior Viewable Monitor
- 4K HDMI 2.0 Input/Output
- Supports ProRes Raw with Select Cameras
- 1000 cd/m² Brightness
- AtomHDR Mode with 10-Stop Dynamic Range
- 10-Bit 4:2:2 ProRes & DNxHR Encoding
- Records to 2.5″ Mini or Standard SSDs
- Supports Multiple Log Formats
- Single Sony L-Series Battery Slot
With a compact design for solo shooters, travel applications, and to serve as an ideal B cam, the Sony FX3 borrows from both the Cinema Line and Alpha series of cameras to create an optimized portable cinema camera. The FX3 features all of the imaging attributes you’d expect from this class but sports a newly designed body that’s hand-holdable, with a streamlined and minimal profile, and has a “cage-free” design, indicating the ability to secure various accessories directly to the camera body.
Its 12.1MP Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor (10.2MP effective in video mode) pairs with a BIONZ XR processor to achieve UHD 4K video capture with internal 10-bit 4:2:2 sampling or 16-bit raw output. The sensor’s BSI design heightens clarity and sensitivity, with an expandable ISO 80-409600 range and greater-than 15-stop dynamic range for working in mixed lighting conditions. Benefitting color and tonal control, an S-Cinetone mode can be used for matching to VENICE, FX9, or FX6 sources and there is also S-Log3/2 gamut support and 10-bit HLG for simple HDR productions. The sensor and processor also work together to greatly reduce rolling shutter and the sensor’s design incorporates a Fast Hybrid AF system for intelligent and quick focusing performance and subject tracking.
Atomos Ninja V
The Atomos Ninja V 5″ 4K HDMI Recording Monitor is a 5″ on-camera monitor/recorder that records and plays back up to DCI 4K and records to purpose-built mini-SSDs. This monitor can record Apple ProRes Raw up to DCI 4K60 directly from the sensor of select cameras. Display features include a 10-bit screen with a brightness of 1000 cd/m² AtomHDR technology for accurate monitoring of your log gamma footage, and support for popular log formats from Sony, ARRI, Canon, JVC, Panasonic, Nikon, RED, Sony, and Z CAM cameras.
Built to withstand the rigors of production, the Ninja V features an aluminum chassis and powers from a single L-series battery. Additional features include a variety of onscreen exposure analysis, framing, anamorphic de-squeeze, and focus assist tools. Separately available AtomX SDI, AtomX SYNC, Connect 4K modules, and an SDI Raw license key to further expand your Ninja V’s capabilities. Firmware update 10.61 brings customized timecode sequences that can be saved as a single file.