Comica Audio BoomX-D UC2
- For Journalists, Vloggers, YouTubers
- 2 x Transmitters with Built-In Mic & Lav
- Ultracompact 2-Channel Plug-In Receiver
- 5-Hour Rechargeable Battery + USB
Designed for mobile journalists, videographers, and vloggers, the Comica BoomX-D UC2 is an ultracompact, true wireless digital microphone system with two microphones and just one receiver. It offers a complete solution for recording dialogue, interviews, and speech with two people talking simultaneously—directly to an Android smartphone or a USB Type-C device.
The ultralightweight BoomX-D UC2 consists of two ultracompact clip-on transmitters each with its own built-in omnidirectional microphone and a separate lavalier microphone. It also comes with a tiny receiver that mounts on and plugs directly into the USB Type-C port of your phone. To ensure that you are capturing a clean signal, you can monitor your mics via the receiver’s 3.5mm headphone output while recording.
The system delivers reliable transmission with a clear sound at a distance up to 164′. The transmitter’s built-in rechargeable batteries provide up to 5 hours of operation. Versatile and extremely easy to use with simple controls, the BoomX-D UC2 is well suited for content creators of any experience level.
Two Microphones into One Receiver
The two-channel receiver allows you to use just one receiver to simultaneously receive signals from the two mic/transmitters, saving space on your phone shooting rig.
Built-In Mics for True Wireless
- Each transmitter is equipped with a built-in microphone and a 3.5mm mic input that accepts the included lavalier microphone.
- For a truly wireless experience, the transmitter can be clipped on clothing without having to wire yourself or your talent. You can also hold the transmitter in your hand and use it as a handheld microphone.
- The On/Off switch doubles as a mute button.
Lavalier Mic Included
For a more discreet setup, use the small lavalier microphone, which can be easily concealed away from the camera’s eye.
Plug-and-Play and Easy-to-Operate Wireless
- This plug-and-play system is easy to use. It comes pre-paired at the factory; connect it to your phone, turn it On, and you’re ready to start recording.
- Dedicated gain buttons on the receiver allow quick and effortless adjustment of the signal level for each microphone independently.
- The transmitter has a display that shows signal strength, audio level, mono/stereo configuration, and battery life.
- The transmitter is powered via a built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery. It can also be powered via USB, even while in use, giving you near unlimited operating time.
- The receiver is powered via the phone.
Two Microphones into One Receiver
- If you need to expand your system with a second microphone, the two-channel receiver allows you to save space on your shooting rig by using a single receiver to simultaneously receive signals from two mic/transmitters.
- You have the option to switch between mono or stereo on the receiver: Recording in mono combines both microphones on both the left and right side of your audio track. Recording in stereo puts one person on the left and the other person on the right, allowing you to isolate each person’s dialog and adjust each level individually later in post.
Easy 2.4 GHz Digital Wireless
- Whereas typical analog wireless systems are susceptible to interference from TV and radio waves, the BoomX-D digital system avoids that by operating in the 2.4 GHz frequency band, which occupies frequencies beyond those of television, radio transmissions, and UHF wireless microphone systems.
- The system automatic changes transmission frequency to mitigate noise and dropouts at a line-of-sight distance of up to 164 feet. For optimal performance, environments with limited Wi-Fi/2.4 GHz traffic and minimal physical obstructions are recommended.