Designed for mobile journalists, videographers, and vloggers, the Comica BoomX-U U2 is a compact, true wireless microphone system with two microphones and just one receiver. It delivers reliable transmission with a clear sound at a distance up to 394′ and offers a complete solution for recording dialogue, interviews, and speech with two people talking simultaneously—directly to a mirrorless/DSLR camera, camcorder or a mobile device.
The lightweight BoomX-U U2 consists of two compact clip-on transmitters each with its own built-in omnidirectional microphone and a separate lavalier microphone. It also comes with a small receiver that mounts on and plugs directly into your camera. Additionally, the included TRRS output cable gives you the option to plug the receiver into any smartphone equipped with a headphone jack. The XLR output cable is for use with professional camcorders.
The system offers 48 frequencies to choose from to avoid wireless signal interference. The built-in rechargeable batteries provide up to 6 hours of operation. Versatile and extremely easy to use with simple controls, the BoomX-U U2 is well suited for content creators of any experience level.
Two Microphones into One Receiver
- The two-channel receiver allows you to save space on your shooting rig by using a single receiver to simultaneously receive signals from the two mic/transmitters.
- The receiver features a belt clip, which also doubles as a shoemount adapter for your camera.
- In the absence of a smartphone holder, the receiver can also be clamped to your smartphone using the belt clip.
Built-In Mics for True Wireless
- Each transmitter is equipped with a built-in omnidirectional microphone and a 3.5mm mic input that accepts the included lavalier microphone.
- For a truly wireless experience, the transmitter can be clipped on clothing without having to wire yourself or your talent. You can also hold the transmitter in your hand and use it as a handheld microphone.
- The transmitter is equipped with a low-cut filter to reduce traffic and appliance rumble noise.
- The On/Off switch doubles as a mute button.
Lavalier Mics Included
For a more discreet setup, use the small lavalier microphone, which can be easily concealed away from the camera’s eye.
- This easy-to-use system features an auto-scan function that searches among 48 frequencies to find the cleanest available one for you, while the built-in infrared sync makes linking the transmitters and receiver a snap.
- The two receiver antennas can be raised 180° to increase the wireless signal reception range.
- Dedicated gain buttons on the receiver allow quick and effortless adjustment of the signal level for each microphone independently.
- The receiver and the transmitters have a display that shows signal strength, audio level, mono/stereo configuration, and battery life. The display can be flipped to accommodate your viewing angle.
- You have the option to switch between mono or stereo on the receiver: Recording in mono combines both microphones on both the left and right side of your audio track. Recording in stereo puts one person on the left and the other person on the right, allowing you to isolate each person’s dialog and adjust each level individually later in post.
- The transmitters and the receiver are powered via a built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery that provides 6 hours of operating time.
Monitor in Real Time
If your camera doesn’t have a headphone jack, you can monitor your sound via the receiver’s 3.5mm headphone output while recording to ensure that you are capturing a clean signal.