Sennheiser MKE 400
- Compact, highly directional, super-cardioid shotgun microphone for isolated and enhanced in-camera audio
- Integrated wind protection and internal suspension mount to minimize handling noise
- Built-in low-cut filter and 3-step sensitivity switch for added flexibility and control in any environment
- Integrated headphone output jack with volume adjustment for audio monitoring
- Interchangeable 3.5 mm TRS and TRRS connectivity for DSLR/M cameras or mobile devices
- Automatically powers on/off when connected to DSLR/M cameras
- Also available as the MKE 400 Mobile Kit, including: MKE 400 microphone, Sennheiser Smartphone Clamp and Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod
The MKE 400 is a compact, highly directional on-camera shotgun microphone designed to isolate and enhance the audio for your video. Like the MKE 200, the MKE 400 includes built-in wind protection and integrated shock absorption, while offering even more features to ensure the best possible recordings.
A three-step sensitivity switch enables the MKE 400 the ability to provide distortion free sound in any environment, and a switchable low-cut filter focuses your audio on the most essential frequencies for clarity and speech intelligibility. Interchangeable, 3.5 mm locking coiled cables offer compatibility with DSLR/M cameras or mobile devices and a convenient headphone output allows you to monitor your levels while recording.
Focus your sound
The MKE 400 features a super-cardioid polar pattern achieved by an acoustic interference tube, providing focus and detail while rejecting unwanted background noise. Ideal for vloggers and videographers alike, this highly directional microphone will enhance your audio and bring presence and clarity to your recordings.
Record with confidence
All handheld cameras are susceptible to handling noise, so the MKE 400 features integrated wind protection and shock absorption. This combination ensures the cleanest audio recordings possible while shooting video on the move. Attach the included furry windshield for maximum wind protection in outdoor environments.
Versatile by design
In today’s world, your video recording is most likely not confined to one device, and your microphone doesn’t have to be either. Each MKE 400 includes 3.5 mm TRS and TRRS locking cables to be used with DSLR/M cameras or mobile devices.
Adapt to the situation
Let’s face it, poor acoustic environments are practically unavoidable when traveling or shooting on location. That’s why the MKE 400 comes equipped with both a low-cut filter and a 3-step gain sensitivity switch. Use the low-cut filter to remove problematic low frequency rumble or wind noise and adjust your gain sensitivity to optimize recording levels in any environment.
Before you start rolling
One of the most important steps when recording audio is to check your levels and monitor your sound. While some cameras have a headphone jack, not all do, and that’s where the headphone monitoring output comes into play. Plug any 3.5 mm headphone directly into the MKE 400 and use the integrated volume control to dial in your recordings.